Cauliflower has had a resurgence in the last few years. The great thing about cauliflower is its versatility. While it’s great raw and has a satisfying crunch, you can manipulate the texture of cauliflower by roasting, boiling, or steaming. It also provides the perfect backdrop because of its mild flavor. Add the vegetable into mashed potatoes for additional nutrition or roast it with buffalo sauce as a healthier wings alternative.
For this recipe, the steamed cauliflower pairs well with the roasted, nutty flavors of the tahini and red peppers. The creaminess from the mayo makes this a cohesive and satisfying dish. Try it paired with some baked salmon and brown rice!
If you are enjoying this recipe series, you can check out the previous CSA recipe here:
Psst, some of our Johnson Fitness & Wellness stores are actually CSA pickup locations! We’ve got free totes to carry all of your goodies in. The CSA program that we use is organized by Westridge Organic Produce. To find out more about our local Madison, WI CSA program, you can go here!
Creamy Cauliflower with Sesame and Seaweed
- 1 Small Head Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Peppers (from jar in oil)
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- Nori Seaweed Strips (for garnish)
- Roughly break cauliflower into bite-size pieces and steam until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Blend mayo, roasted red peppers in oil and tahini in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Let the steamed cauliflower cool slightly, then mix with dressing until coated.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and seaweed. Drizzle with sriracha and serve.