We all know the “obligatory salad” at every potluck. A lot of the times it’s bland, under- or overdressed, and a lot less appealing than anything else at the table. If someone is gonna bring the salad, might as well make it good – right? That’s where this salad comes in.
Though it’s deceptively simple, the homemade dressing is where it all comes together. Kale is the perfect green for it because it’s sturdy and robust enough in flavor to stand up against the tasty dressing. Add in some spinach for softness, cucumber for freshness, and some onion for the extra bite and you’ve got a quick and healthy people pleaser.
If you are enjoying this recipe series, you can check out the previous CSA recipe here:
Psst, some of our Johnson Fitness & Wellness stores are actually CSA pickup locations! We’ve got free totes to carry all of your goodies in. The CSA program that we use is organized by Westridge Organic Produce. To find out more about our local Madison, WI CSA program, you can go here!
It’s a Kale Party Salad
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 Tbs vegan mayo
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 Tbs nutritional yeast (or parmesan)
- Splash lemon juice
- Splash vinegar
- Prepare all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients until well-combined.
- Toss dressing with the salad until all salad ingredients are well-coated.
- Let sit for at least an hour so the dressing has a chance to soften the kale. Enjoy!