If you’re looking for a new way to cook up some beets, look no further! This is a simple, but delicious recipe that really lets the flavors of the ingredients shine through. You can also adjust the recipe by adding different vegetables or even making a vegan version of this by swapping out the goat cheese for cashew cheese!
If you are enjoying this recipe series, you can check out the previous CSA recipe here:
Psst, some of our Johnson Fitness & Wellness stores are actually CSA pickup locations! We’ve got free totes to carry all of your goodies in. The CSA program that we use is organized by Westridge Organic Produce. To find out more about our local Madison, WI CSA program, you can go here!
- Bunch of Beets
- 1/2 Cup Goat Cheese or Tangy Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Handful of Arugula
- Small Red Onion
- 15 Thyme Sprigs
- 1 Trader Joe’s Sprouted Grain Pizza Crust (or other pizza crust)
- Roast thinly sliced beets on a pan lined with parchment paper at 350 degrees for 30 min.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese with the leaves from ten of the thyme sprigs.
- Thinly slice red onion. Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan and sautée over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread cheese evenly on the pizza crust. Top with arugula leaves, roasted beets and caramelized onions. Garnish with the remaining thyme sprigs.
- Bake for pizza for 15 minutes. Slice and serve!