Last week, we got a nice batch of farm-fresh sugar snap peas in our CSA haul. Resident amateur chef, Claire Tomm, got inspired by the hot summer heatwave that’s been hitting us!
Here is a vegan AND gluten-free recipe that’s a lot easier than it looks. Soba is typically an East Asian noodle dish that is served cold, so it’s perfect for these summer months. Better still, sugar snap peas are in season and add a great fresh bite to this recipe.
If you are enjoying this recipe series, you can check out the previous CSA recipe here:
Psst, some of our Johnson Fitness & Wellness stores are actually CSA pickup locations! We’ve got free totes to carry all of your goodies in. The CSA program that we use is organized by Westridge Organic Produce. To find out more about our local Madison, WI CSA program, you can go here!
Sesame Soba Noodles with Snap Peas
- 2 Cups Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 Package Soba Noodles (these are typically gluten-free, but remember to check the packaging!)
- 2 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- 1 Tbs Gluten-free Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbs Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Handful Fresh Mint Leaves
- Avocado Slices
- Steam peas in their pods for 5-10 minutes until tender and bright green.
- Prepare soba noodles according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Toss cooked soba noodles and steamed peas together with the dressing. Stir until well-coated.
- Top with mint leaves, avocado slices, and sriracha.