Want an easy way to make use of your plentiful garden bounty? Sometimes your food grows faster than you can eat it! This is the perfect summer dish to make for a lazy weekday dinner when you want something healthy but don’t have a lot of time.
Use up all of that zucchini, tomato, and basil that’s been growing in your garden and whip up this healthy side dish. Eat it with some grilled chicken or use it to top a nice romaine salad and add some feta crumbles.
If you are enjoying this recipe series, you can check out the previous CSA recipe here:
Psst, some of our Johnson Fitness & Wellness stores are actually CSA pickup locations! We’ve got free totes to carry all of your goodies in. The CSA program that we use is organized by Westridge Organic Produce. To find out more about our local Madison, WI CSA program, you can go here!
Steamy Zucchini Slices
- 2 Large Zucchinis, sliced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Handful Basil Leaves
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Add minced garlic and olive oil to a pan and cook over medium heat until garlic is brown (but not burnt) for about 2 minutes.
- Add sliced zucchini to the pan and sauté over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes and sauté until all veggies are soft, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and toss in fresh herbs. Stir to combine and let basil leaves lightly wilt. Serve immediately.