The Benefits of the Elliptigo Arc 8 Compact-Stride Bike
- Low-Impact A smooth, stand up motion provides a great workout that’s gentle on your knees, hips, ankles and back.
- Increased Visibility A higher riding position makes it easier for you to see and be seen.
- Fun To Ride The speed, handling and motion feels exhilarating giving you a carefree exercise experience at any age.
- One-Size Fits All The steering height are adjustable so riders from 4’10” to 6’10” can find their optimal fit for a comfortable ride.
- Comfortable The natural “stand up” riding position reduces stress on your neck and back while completely eliminating seat pain.
- Great Full-Body Workout The stand-up position engages your core and upper body in addition to your legs.
- Heart Healthy Burns 33% more calories than a traditional bicycle, providing a better workout in less time.
- Weight-Bearing Exercise Gets your heart rate up, burns calories and helps to improve bone density.
- Outside Meant to ride outdoors on the same paths that you walk, jog, run or bike, but compatible with indoor stationary trainers (3C/8C/11R only), so you can train year round.
- Portable Can fit inside most vehicles and on a variety of roof, trunk and hitch racks.
Elliptigo Arc 8 Compact-Stride Bike
- Compact Stride Motion At nearly 14 inches long and adjustable up to 12 inches in height, the compact stride of the Arc provides a fast and effective leg workout and familiar cyclical feel.
- 9.4”-11.8” Adjustable Stride Height By sliding the foot platform forward or backward, you can easily fine-tune the height of your pedaling stride to get the optimal riding experience.
- Pivoting Foot Platform Each platform pivots independently with the angle of your foot to provide comfort and versatility for different riding styles.
- Telescoping Steering Column A simple quick-release lever makes it fast and easy to adjust the height for any rider or to transport the Arc in a vehicle.
- Ergonomic Bar-ends Adjustable bar-end extensions, an optional accessory on the Arc 8, offer greater versatility in adjusting your riding position on the fly for climbing hills, sprinting flats or cruising descents.
- Customizable Setup Compatibility with a variety of traditional bike and ElliptiGO-specific accessories allows you to deck out your bike with the gear you need to tackle any situation on any ride.
|Total Length||72” (183 cm)|
|Weight||37 lbs (16.8 kg)|
|Operating Height||50-58” (127-147 cm)|
|Storing Height (with front wheel)||47.8" (121 cm) with steering extender|
|Storing Height (no front wheel)||24.5” (62 cm) without steering extender|
|Storing Height (w/ front wheel)||33" (84 cm) without steering extender|
|Crank Length||6.8” (175mm)|
|Total Gear Range||309%|
|Avg Gear Step||18%|
|Gear Ratio Range||1.8 – 5.4|
|Gear Inch Range||34.1 - 105.3|
|Stride Length||13.8" (35 cm)|
|Gain Ratio Range||2.5 – 7.6|
|Stride Height||9.4 – 11.8” (24-30 cm)|
|Front and Rear Brakes||Linear pull rim brakes|
|Grips||Clamp on anti-rotation, with Ergonomic shelf|
|Cranks||Custom forged aluminum|
|Fork||20” butted chro-moly with 1.5” steerer|
|Brake Levers||Avid FR5, two finger levers|
|Propulsion System||Compact Elliptidrive Technology|
|Drive Arms||Chromoly Steel with composite nylon foot platform|
|Track System||Sealed Rocker System|
|Chainring||60-tooth, 130 BCD, 6061 – T6 aluminum|
|Cassette||8-speed 11-34 tooth range|
|Bottom Bracket||Isis drive, sealed bearings|
|Sprocket||N/A – Uses Cassette|
|Hub||32-hole, alloy Freewheel hub|
|Steering Column||Adjustable height index locking|
|Steering Extender||Chro-moly steel, anti- rotation indexing|
|Kickstand||Single leg, forged aluminum kickstand|
|Tires||Kenda Kwest, 20” x 1.5” 60TPI, 100-psi|
|Handlebar||Alu. MTB riser bar, 50 mm x 670mm|
|Stem||Forged aluminum, 80mm x 7 deg.|
|Shifter||Shimano SL-M310 trigger shifter|
|Front Wheel||20” aluminum aero pro le rim, 28-spoke|
|Rear Wheel||20” aluminum aero pro le rim, 32-spoke|
|Climbing Activity||Climb steep hills up to 20-30% grade|
|Recommended Riding Terrain||Flat & hilly terrain|
|Cruising Speed (flat terrain)||12 mph (20 kph)|
|Sprinting Speed (flat terrain)||20+ mph (32+ kph)|
|Workout Resistance Selection||8 different levels of resistance. 309% total resistance range. 18% difference between levels|