If you’re looking to add a little color to your food, then rainbow Swiss chard is the way to go! The thick stalks come in a variety of different colors, from red to yellow or green, and all have a mildly bitter taste. If you’re a big fan of arugula, then give rainbow Swiss chard a chance! This recipe is perfect to showcase the unique flavor of this nutritious green.
Pro tip: Don’t skimp on the lemon juice at the end!
If you are enjoying this recipe series, you can check out the previous CSA recipe here:
Psst, some of our Johnson Fitness & Wellness stores are actually CSA pickup locations! We’ve got free totes to carry all of your goodies in. The CSA program that we use is organized by Westridge Organic Produce. To find out more about our local Madison, WI CSA program, you can go here!
Rainbow Chard Sauté
- 1 Bunch Rainbow Chard
- 1 Garlic Bulb, Minced
- 1 Tbs Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove chard leaves from stems and set aside.
- Finely chop chard stems.
- In a large pot, sauté in oil over medium-high heat with minced garlic and red onion for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add torn chard leaves to the pot, stirring until lightly wilted, about a minute.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.